The process of storage pciking and packing of orders for businesses selling their products online is called eCommercefulfilment. For details on the eCommerce Fulfilment click here
Order Fulfilment has multiple steps which start with receiving products into the warehouse and end with despatching the orders to the customers. For a detailed explanation of the order fulfilment process in general and how Green Fulfilment run order fulfilment process click here
Customers develop a negative view of brands which deliver wrong products or deliver them orders which are delayed. Research on consumer behaviour has shown a substantial percentage of customers don’t buy again from business that has shipped them an incorrect product. Also customers tend to voice their bad experience more often on social media than they do for a positive experience. It is imperative for businesses to ensure they have a very accuracy rates. We constantly hit 99.99% order accuracy at Green Fulfilment.
Order fulfilment is the part of the logistics of the businesses that ship products to their customers. The part where products are stored, picked and shipped to customers is called Order Fulfilment. For more on order fulfilment
We work with our clients to tailoer our services to meet their requirement
wherever we can. We are personalising products for customers which
includes heat transfer of vinyl onto the products. We are open to new
types of personalisations like engraving etc as we the process already in
place it will only be new equipment to handle if your is different from
what we are currently doing.
We have over 70 different platforms that our Green Portal has ready integrations with. This includes market place like Amazon, eBay, etsy etc. Some of the most popular shopping carts being shopify, WooCommerce, Magento. Look at our full list of integrations here.
When you run your own warehouse you are restricted to the four walls of the warehouse you
are in. Most places you will tie you into long leases to get best rates and terms. When you
outgrow your warehouse it often does not happen at the same time as the end of the lease.
Expensive lease breaks are often a cost ecommerce businesses incur if they have their own
Moving warehouses in response to growth results in major disruption in your business.
There are usually downtimes when orders are not getting shipped. Inventory can get mixed
up resulting in further delays in getting orders out. All this can damage your customer
experience and eventually your brand.
Managing a bigger warehouse team means more of your time and more HR and salary
Unless you have run warehouses in the past you will find one of the key challenges is to find
the right warehouse management system for your business. This is often very time
consuming process and can become very expensive.
Warehousing and order fulfilment is in itself a specialist area of business. As ecomerce business you
want to concentrate on your core strengths to grow your brand. Warehousing yourself does not
necessarily help that amibition but doing it can potentially slow your growth. In worse cases it can
actually damage your brand and you can loose out to your competition. Some of the key drawbacks
- split of focus from brand growth to managing challengers related to logistics
- commit yourself to long expensive building leases
- big overheads and bigger utility bills
- perpetual maintenance of the facility costs
- manpower management / payroll / absentism / hiring / HR issues
- technology cost to of warehouse management system
Warehousing and order fulfilment are specialist areas of business. You as eCommerce business would
like to concentrate on growing your brand. Outsourcing order fulfilment frees up your time which
you would otherwise have to dedicate to your logistics. Key points in favour of outsourcing fulfilment
- allows you to focus on your key strengths as business
- focussing on the business helps you grow your brand faster
- flexibility to expand without being restricted by the four walls of your warehouse
- no long term leases and expensive overheads to run and maintain the warehouse
- choice of multiple shipping options at good rates
- leverage the experience and technology infrastructure of the fulfilment house
- benefit from the economies of scale of the fulfilment house in the form of lower shipping and
- Open up new routes to market and new sales destinations