At Green Fulfilment we seek to build a sustainable business today for tomorrow’s world, through ongoing socially and environmentally conscious investment.
We are fully committed to minimising our environmental impact across our business and through the services and systems we deliver to our clients. As a result, we continue to evolve and introduce new enhanced sustainability practises into our warehouses and distribution centres.
We are fully committed to working on minimising the company’s environmental impact and as Green Fulfilment continues to grow, so does our passion about making a positive impact in the world around us.
Resource Saving Initiatives
- Since our launch in 2016 we have made it our mission to continuously review our processes and introduce a number of sustainable initiatives
- Some of these initiatives include positively influencing our customers, for example in 2020 we reduced paper usage from our clients by 1 million sheets, this was due to us encouraging clients from sending dispatch notes
- We use paper as void fill when packing orders
- Use automatic shut-off lights in offices
- Recycle plastics and corrugated cardboard
- Recycle paper shredding
- Real-Time online reporting this eliminates printed reports
- We are committed to reviewing our energy saving policies and continuing to recycle and dispose of segregated waste efficiently and considerately
- Use paper based packing tape rather than polystyrene tape to pack boxes
- Use biodegradable mailing bags.
2021 Green Print
- We aim to use the best green business practises as a sustainable company causing minimal impact to the earth and we will endeavour to transform our supply chain
- We have introduced sustainable packaging materials which are environmentally friendly, recyclable and cost-effective
- We pack smart, considerately and efficiently and avoid large boxes or incorrectly sized for smaller packages wherever possible to reduce the carbon footprint of delivery
- We are continuously investing in new technology to digitise our warehouse operations and standard operating procedures
- We aim to go paperless in 2021 to reduce our carbon footprint even further
- We are investing in our people with Green Champions training from Zero Waste Scotland
- We are committed to reviewing our energy saving
- We will continue to recycle and dispose of segregated waste efficiently and considerately
- We continue to reduce single-use plastic use in our services and encourage all our people to avoid using single-use plastic wherever possible
- We are investigating carbon offsetting projects and will actively encourage our clients to join us as we continue our sustainable journey.